Our Christmas day was filled with JOY and WONDER! Kasey and I managed to get up before the kids and we had to actually wake them up so they could find their gifts from Santa under the tree. Santa drank all the milk on the porch and ate most of the cookies. Grant put reindeer food out also and most of that was eaten up. Both kids were in AWE when they found a piece of Ruldoph's leather harness with jingle bells on it that was left behind on the porch. Such a treasure. Here are a few snapshots from our day...
Rudolph's leather harness with the bells
playing Jenga with Grandpa Willie
Justin, Dad and Skylee relaxing on the couch
Grant, Skylee, Mom & Becca
Kaitlyn & Pepper
It was just a day of fun and blessings. Great Grandpa Willie and Great Grandma Rose both joined in the Christmas celebrations. We are so very lucky to have Great Grandparents, grandparents and parents who live so close and we get to see often. I remember going over to Grandma and Grandpa's house with all the cousins to spend the day or weekend when I was little. In this crazy world it sure helps to keep us grounded to spend good times with friends & family. Today my parents house was full of love, tons of laughter and full of the making of memories. For today we got gifts, things we wanted or wished for, but all anyone really wants is to be loved and accepted. I am very blessed to say I am both. Merry Christmas my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment